Welcome to the first installment of my brand new series, Beer Here, and There.
Each week I’ll round up the best beer headlines (and anything else that inspires me) to share with you all in one convenient spot. Along with headlines from around the web, I’ll also share updates and new posts published on this blog, Big World, Small Girl.
Consider this series, your one-stop-shop for all things booze and travel related.
A new list will be published every Friday on the blog, so don’t miss it. And if you’ve seen any cool stories around the web, please share them with me, cheers!
Happenings on Big World, Small Girl
- So if you’ve been reading my blog for awhile, you might notice things look a little different. And that’s because I’ve updated my logo and installed a new theme! New year, new blog…
- This weekend (my birthday weekend!), I’ll be heading to the San Antonio Cocktail Conference and I’m very much looking forward to it. Check out this blog post from last year’s party!
- Speaking of, on Monday, I published this San Antonio weekend itinerary. Check it out!
- This weekend, Circle Brewing is hosting their annual Cookies and Craft Brews pairing, get tickets here for $25. Even if you’re not in Austin, here’s my favorite beers to pair with the famous cookies.
- Finally, I also published a review of the NewAir Beer Fridge– you won’t believe how much beer it can pack in such a small footprint! Plus, there’s 20% off coupon for you guys.
- Yes, a lot of content this week, but I also want to point out that this year I’ll be working hard to put out three posts a week. More beer, more travels, more awesome content, it’s a win-win!
Links From Around the Web
- Thanks to the new website PayItFurloughed.com, you can send a furloughed Federal worker a beer or two.
- And if you’re in Austin, here’s a long list of places where federal workers can get freebies and deals at local businesses.
- Vinepair wrote up a very brief history of homebrewing in America that will give you more appreciation of the art.
- From Craftbeer.com, comes a list of eight beer and food festivals to hit in 2019. Here’s to making those travel plans!
- A very insightful article from Beer Crunchers on the impact Instagram is having on craft beer trends. What do you think of his arguements?
- Definitely adding this Nacho Beer Cheese from The Beeroness to list of recipes to try out.
- The following one-pager was distributed at the Texas Capitol this week in opposition to the recently introduced bill to allow Texas breweries to sell beer-to-go. Texas Craft Pac’s suggested edits are in red.
- Finally, some lady in Texas was permanently banned from a Wal-Mart for driving one of their scooters around the parking lot for 3 hours drinking wine from a Pringles can. #goals