Each week I’ll round up the best beer headlines (and anything else that inspires me) to share with you all in one convenient spot. Along with headlines from around the web, I’ll also share updates and new posts published on this blog, Big World, Small Girl.
Consider this series, your one-stop-shop for all things booze and travel related.
A new list will be published every Friday on the blog, so don’t miss it. And if you’ve seen any cool stories around the web, please share them with me, cheers!
Happenings on Big World, Small Girl
- So I think I’m fully recovered from the San Antonio Cocktail Conference last week, and thank goodness! I wrote up a list of the coolest spirits and drinks I had, it’s perfect for those looking to breakout of their typical cocktail routines!
- National Beer Can Appreciation Day was Wednesday and I got to visit Pinthouse Pizza’s new location in Round Rock as they canned their first beer. (Pictured above) You can pick up a 4-pack of Crispy Waves Hazy IPA this Saturday starting at 9am.
- Finally, Happy National Irish Coffee Day! I came up with an incredible recipe using Jameson Caskmates Stout Edition, as well as beer simple syrup from Austin Beerworks Sputnik, and Cuvee coffee beans. It’s absolutely delicious, rich and roasty– yum!
Links From Around the Web
- Fellow beer blogger, and one of my dear friends Eric of UnCap Everything just released this hilarious beer parody of Bird Box. This is a MUST watch!
- Take a look inside the Arkansas brewery making beer in Al Capone’s former home!
- The latest update from the ever-frustrating fight to fix Texas’s broken beer laws.
- Speaking of government, one DC Brewery plans to sue the government over the shutdown. Who knows if they’ll win, but it’s nice to see people sticking it to the man!
- Have you heard of Southwest’s Companion Pass program? Pretty awesome way to buy two plane tickets for the price of one, perfect for traveling couples.
- Found a great and in-depth write up on Singapore’s craft beer scene. Bookmark this if you’re heading over there anytime soon!
- From Buzzfeed, 22 ‘Bizarre’ alcohol combinations that actually taste ‘amazing’. Proceed with caution and your own risk with this list!