When the air around you gets a charged energy, and everything starts looking up, you know March is just around the corner. The third month of the year carries a unique cheer that you cannot explain in words. The temperature starts to rise, the winter gloom is slowly fading away, and the flowers are in full bloom – what’s not to love about this season?!
And with its high spirits, March also brings with it spring break. This means college students can finally get a break from their busy schedules to travel around the world!
Not sure where to head this spring season? Read through our guide to know all about the best places to visit in March.
10 Best Places to Travel to in March 2022
March is the month of freshness. The spring is just beginning, the leaves are growing back, and the weather is just right for a trip. So here is my list of the 10 best places for spring break travel for you to quench your wanderlust.
From Seoul to South Padre Island, here are the best places to visit in March!
Best Place to Visit in March in Caribbean: Caye Caulker, Belize
Belize is one of those places that I would always be happy to travel to! Although tiny, this magical place has so much to offer – especially if you are looking for adventure. Caye Caulker is a popular tourist spot with beach bums and nature enthusiasts alike.
At this time of the year, the temperature here is just starting to get back up. The water is deliciously warm, and the sun is not too angry – but be sure to pack your sunscreen, or you might come back home with some bad burns!
Things To Do in Caye Caulker in March
- The pleasant March weather is perfect to go for snorkeling, scuba diving, or swimming with sharks in the Caribbean Sea!
- Laze around in a romantic hammock at the beach with a good book to relax your mind and body.
- Get your camera ready and get snapping! The colorful houses and the beautiful scenery at Caye Caulker are any photographer’s dream come true.
Ready to start planning your trip to Belize? Click here for my more in-depth travel guide!
Best Place to Visit in March in Europe: Porto, Portugal
Not too long ago, one of my good friends made the move to Porto. So naturally, I looked it up on the internet, and my oh my! What a happening place to be during spring break! From art films to music to sports, March in Portugal is full of fun things to do.
Portugal behaves very well in March in terms of weather. There is neither too much rain, nor is it scorching hot. In short, it is the perfect season for tourism.
Things To Do in Porto in March
- Movie and art folks will have a splendid time attending the annual FantasPorto International Film Festival in March.
- Indulge in your guilty pleasure by celebrating the Obidos International Chocolate Festival.
- If you’re feeling competitive, time your trip to coincide with the Lisbon Half Marathon and go for a stimulating run.
Best Place to Go in March in The US: Jackson Hole, Wyoming
If you’ve only got the time and budget to vacation within the US, Jackson Hole, Wyoming is the best place to visit in March. Springtime in Jackson Hole is pretty quiet and tranquil, allowing you to really appreciate the natural beauty here without droves of tourists spoiling your day.
However, the weather at the beginning of March is pretty unpredictable here, switching between the two extremes. Make sure that you have packed both winter and summer clothes for your holiday to Wyoming.
Things To Do in Jackson Hole in March
- Enjoy the wildlife at Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Park without being interrupted by other tourists.
- Go fly fishing on long afternoons and get yourself a catch you can be proud of.
- Bike up the Jackson Hole pathways for some great outdoor exercise.
Best National Park to Visit in March: Big Bend National Park, Texas
Didn’t get your fill of national parks at the Grand Teton or Yellowstone? Head over to the Big Bend in Texas for some more exciting wildlife watching! Not too hot or too cold, March is one of the best months to visit this place. It’s the time that Jason and I typically plan our trips here as the weather is not too hot, or too cold.
But seeing beasts and birds is not the only thing you can do here. Big Bend National Park has so much more to offer its visitors!
Things To Do in West Texas in March
- Adventure calls out to you with the numerous hiking trails to explore all over the park
- Plan a date with your partner and go for the famous Rox Maxwell Scenic Drive
- The Santa Elena Canyon affords mesmerizing views that will leave you spellbound
Ready to start planning your trip to Big Bend National Park? Click here for my more in-depth travel guides!
Best Place to Go in March in Texas: South Padre Island, Texas
South Padre Island is without doubt one of the best places to visit in March for its beaches. Being the only tropical island in Texas, it is the destination for many spring break vacationers.
In March, South Padre Island enjoys delightful weather, with the temperature fluctuating between 68 degrees fahrenheit in the nights and 74 degrees fahrenheit during the days. There is rarely any rain and every day is going to be brilliantly sunny.
Things To Do on South Padre Island in March
- Hit the beach and enjoy the warmth of the early spring Sun.
- Go for an idyllic stroll along the Laguna Madre Nature Trail at sunset.
- Visit the Gravity Park with your kids for some wholesome family fun.
Best Place to Go in March for Spring Break: Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
When talking about the best places for spring break, we just cannot leave out Myrtle Beach in South Carolina. Turquoise water, sunny weather, and tons of activities to fill your days – no spring break beach on the east coast beats this one.
With the temperatures staying within 60 and 70 degrees Fahrenheit, the warmth is a lovely relief after the freezing winter. At the same time, you don’t have to worry about burning the skin off of your back.
Things To Do in Myrtle Beach in March
- If you are the athletic kind, consider running for the Myrtle Beach Marathon.
- For automobile enthusiasts, there is the brilliant Run to the Sun Car Show happening at this time of the year.
- For those who want to let their hair down and have fun, there are countless beach concerts to party at.
Best Place to Go for Spring Break: Daytona, Florida
Daytona, Florida is the perfect spring break escape after a year of tough academics. The gorgeous white-sand beaches, array of water activities, and low price point has made it a favorite spring break destination among college students.
At this time, the weather is also pretty tame. While it may get a bit warm during the days, it is never uncomfortable.
Things To Do in Daytona Beach in March
- Blow the steam off at the wild all-night beach parties.
- Visit the nearby Disney World for some family friendly activities.
- Enjoy the 23 miles of gorgeous beach strip and surf on the amazing waves.
Snowy Places to Go in March: Alaska’s Northern Lights
If you are not ready to say goodbye to winter just yet, book a flight to Alaska to enjoy the last of the cold season. As you would expect from this area, the temperature stays pretty low all through march. Make sure that you have packed enough jackets and warm socks so you don’t freeze to death.
March is also the best time of the year to go see the famous Northern Lights. The sight is so beautiful and mesmerizing that you will want to visit this place every year after witnessing it once.
Things To Do in Alaska in March
- Stay up late to catch the Aurora. Trust us, you are going to love it!
- Go cross country skiing on some of the world’s greatest trail systems.
- To experience authentic Alaska, don’t forget to try snowmobiling while you’re out there!
Best Places to Go in Asia in March: Seoul, South Korea
Seoul is a place where I have wanted to go for a long time, but something or the other always comes up when I try to plan a trip. Hopefully, I get to see my dream vacation come to life this March.
From the culture to the cuisine, everything in Seoul is magical. If you are a big kdrama and kpop fan like me, Seoul is nothing short of paradise for you!
Seoul is sort of cool and dry at this time, so remember to take your good sweaters with you.
Things To Do in Seoul in March
- The sakura season begins in late-march, when all of Seoul is full of cherry blossoms in bloom. What a sight to behold!
- Visit all the famous places you have been seeing in your favorite kdramas!
- For the adrenaline junkies, Seoul offers exhilarating sports like paragliding.
The Best Place to Travel to in March for Beer: Dublin, Ireland
Want to let off steam after a full year of burying your head in the book? What better destination to party at than the home of beer?!
With St Patrick’s Day just around the corner, Dublin Ireland remains one of the best party places for spring break. At this time of the year in Ireland, the weather is cool, the conversations lively, and the spirits high.
Things To Do in Dublin in March
- Celebrate the St Patrick’s Day festivities by going out drinking with your buddies all weekend.
- Tour the Guinness Factory.
- Go from concert to concert for the music junkie in you.
Looking for More Amazing Travel Destinations? Read These!
So, where are you heading this spring break?
Share your experiences visiting these interesting places in the comments below, and look out for more Big World, Small Girl travel guides for further travel inspo!