Looking for a getaway with your furry best friend? Here are 17 dog-friendly rentals in Hill Country that will help you plan your next trip.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. If you book an unique Texas dog-friendly place to stay through these links I may receive a small part of that sale. Thank you for supporting this blog!a
Traveling with your dog is one of the best things in life. Though, it can be hard to find a fun and unique place to stay that’s also dog-friendly…
As a dog mom to two (one small, one large) trust me– I feel your frustration!
Lately, Jason and I have been making our fall travel plans. But also, we have had to adjust because of current ~circumstances~.
That has left me exploring incredible fall adventures that are much, much closer to home. Which is fine by me, because now the dogs are coming!!
Which brings us to here: my list of dog-friendly Central Texas Airbnbs. Hopefully these Hill Country rentals can help you to plan your own fall getaway.
Each listing has specific details on the pet policy as of publishing. I love all these places because I think they’re great for both two and four-legged travelers, in their own unique ways.
If you end up visiting any of these great Texas dog-friendly rentals, let me know! I’d love to hear about your travels!
Note: At time of publishing, all below rentals are dog-friendly. It is advised to double check with the most recent policies listed on the booking pages.
This darling little Airstream trailer is one of my favorite dog-friendly rentals on this list. This “Land Yacht” is decked out with a fridge, microwave, double bed, and comfortable seating to dine inside or outside, including a very comfy hammock. The trailer is just a few steps away from a converted Barn Bathroom. There is also a feisty little mini horse on the property that loves oatmeal cream pies!
- Pet Policy: No stated policy on weight limits or multiple dogs, no additional fees as well.
This dog-friendly tiny home in Elgin is a weekend escape you and your dog will both love. The coolest part about this pet-friendly rental is the swinging bed located on the screened in porch. There is also an outdoor fire bit, walking trails and Alpacas!
- Pet Policy: “YES! (Well behaved / quiet) Dogs are welcomed. PLEASE ASK for our dog policy prior to bringing your dog. There is a $25/fee (2 dog max). No dogs will be allowed until approved by Green Acres ownership policy read and acknowledged and $25/fee paid.”
This unique romantic cabin is the perfect getaway for couples traveling with their furbaby. There’s an indoor bathtub big enough for two and a fire pit outside for making s’mores. What will delight dog owners most is the home’s fenced in yard!
- Pet Policy: “All breed dogs allowed. Limit 2. Clean up the yard after your pet. $200 per violation of pet policy.”
It’s hard finding unique dog-friendly rentals, but this church turned house will fit the bill. The home with its spacious yard and nearby waterfall, is the perfect getaway for your pups! The home is unbelievably gorgeous inside and comes with all those great Hill Country views you’ve been looking for. BRB, booking my reservation now!
- Pet Policy: “Please only bring pets (two maximum, dogs and/or cats only) that are house trained and do not sleep in beds. There is a pet fee of $100 for the stay that is used to clean/deodorize and clean any fur, etc. that a pet may leave behind. Additional fees may be applied if warranted.”
Are you Star Wars fan? What about Harry Potter? Are you obsessed with Audrey Hepburn? If you answered “Yes” to any of these questions, one of these dog-friendly tiny homes is the perfect rental for you!
These rentals were so cutely decorated with three different movie themes. Which is perfect because the rentals are located right next to Doc’s Drive in Movie Theater in Buda! There is also an on-site bar and restaurant open Wednesdays through Sundays.
- Pet Policy: “Pet fee $75 non-refundable.” No stated policy on breed and or size restrictions.
The Gingered Swan is an artistic two-level tiny home. The materials used to build this dog-friendly rental were locally salvaged. This Airbnb is located on a 43 acre property appropriately called “Salvage Texas”.
- Pet Policy: “Well behaved dogs are allowed with a $20 pet fee per reservation.”
Looking for an escape to Texas Wine Country? This dog-friendly cabin is the perfect spot for your whole family. Located on a ranch 10 minutes from Downtown Fredricksburg, you’ll be surrounded by the peaceful beauty of nature while being close to all the fun. The best part for dogs is the large front porch and fenced in yard!
- Pet Policy: No stated breed restrictions or additional fees.
Located on the swimmable Lone Man Creek in Wimberley, this dog-friendly rental is one your dog will love. Located centrally between Austin and San Antonio, the Casita comes with a deck so you can soak in the views of the creek and Hill Country. This space is so colorful on the inside and comes stocked with all the amenities you need.
- Pet Policy: “Well behaved dogs always welcome with a $50 pet fee. The Casalita is only an appropriate size for one dog unless special permission is granted from owner.”
This dog-friendly cabin was built from repurposed metals and aged wood featuring a funky 19th Century design style. This cozy getaway is perfect for outdoor living. With a wraparound deck, private hot tub, and stunning Live Oak trees, you and your pup will never want to leave!
- Pet Policy: “Pet-friendly with an additional $50 per stay fee (max 25 lbs.)”
This pet-friendly Airstream is all vintage on the outside, but upgraded modern amenities on the inside.Located in Spicewood just 45 minutes west of Austin, in a dog-friendly campground, you’ll have everything you need right on site! You’ll have access to a dog park and dog washing station, and a swimming pool, as well as plenty of playgrounds for any two-legged kids you may have.
- Pet Policy: “We love dogs!! We have a huge dog park and even a dog washing station. There’s numerous areas to hang out with your dog around the park and we even have complimentary Open Air dog cookies in the store!”
Enjoy the wild landscape of Texas Hill Country at this dog-friendly glamping site just 1.5 miles from Pedernales Falls State Park. People love to come to this area for stargazing, hiking, or, if they’re like me, to enjoy the nearby local breweries and distilleries. I wouldn’t recommend this place for dog owners to visit in the middle of summer due to lack of AC… But late fall and early winters would be marvelous out here.
- Pet Policy: “There is a $15 fee per pet with a max of 2 allowed. The fee is processed at the end of your stay.”
This rustic dog-friendly Airbnb includes a fenced-in yard as well as a few decks overlooking Texas Hill Country. It’s a large rental great for families who want to bring the dog along. On the property there are even a few different types of pasture animals. The interior is an interesting one, and definitely not for everyone, but still– looking at the reviews, many do love its charm.
- Pet Policy: “Pets are welcome but please do not show up with your pet without prior approval you must inform us when your pets will be with you so we can prepare our facility for their safety. Pets count as (2) guest and should be included in your guest count. If you have one dog and five guest your guest count should reflect 7 guest instead of five. We charge $40 per dog per night. There is a pet limit and pet rules which we can discuss offline.”
Related Read: Marble Falls Travel Guide
Plan the perfect wine getaway in amazing Fredericksburg with this dog-friendly rental. There are plenty of amazing dog-friendly wineries in Fredericksburg, so of course you’ll want to bring your pup!
At this Hill Country rental, You’ll be STEPS away from the adjacent Six Shooter Cellars and Fiesta Winery. This traditional stone cabin is richly decorated and has plenty of luxurious touches to help you relax after an oh-so-hard day of drinking Texas wine.
- Pet Policy: “1 dog(s) are welcome in this home. No other animals are allowed without specific Vacasa approval. Please note that a small nightly fee apply.”
If your dog loves to swim, I couldn’t think of a better Airbnb than this one. Docked on Lake Travis, just outside of Austin, this 45 foot yacht dog-friendly comes with it all. Your yacht rental has a fully stocked kitchen, AC/heat, gas grill, and a great location to restaurants, shopping, and lake activities.
- Pet Policy: “Dogs are welcome as long as they are potty trained and the owners clean up after them on the dock. They must be on a leash at all times while walking in the marina. We are dog lovers as well!”
Located right on Canyon Lake in Central Texas, this dog-friendly home is a one-of-a-kind treat you and your dog both will enjoy! Gorgeous views of the water can be seen from the home’s expansive (and furnished decks). Inside, there is plenty of room to hang out with family in the updated kitchen. I just know my dogs would love chilling on this rental’s large, fenced-in deck!
- Pet Policy: “2 dog(s) are welcome in this home. No other animals are allowed without specific Vacasa approval.”
This dog-friendly cabin in Helotes is covered and shaded in vines. Its seems like the most relaxing type of rental property for those dogs that like to take it easy. Right on the outskirts of San Antonio, this dog-friendly Airbnb is mid-modern eclectic, surrounded by peaceful gardens. I’m in love!
- Pet Policy: “The only additional guests we permit (at no additional fee) are your socialized, house-broken pets. Please do not allow pets unsupervised in the cabin, unless kenneled/crated. Also, we prefer not to allow pets on furniture, in respect of wear and tear, and as a courtesy to other guests. Pets are not allowed in the pool. Garden towels are available on the porch if your pet gets dirty, muddy, visits the fish pond, etc.”
I am just in love with modern farmhouse and its large windows. Talk about views! My dogs would love to hang out inside here, soak in the nature, and keep cool even on the hottest of Texas summer days. Plus check out that interior! Get all the peace and quiet of Hill Country with all the amenities of a hotel in the city (maybe more!).
- Pet Policy: “Friendly dogs are welcome, fee is $20 per dog, per night. Owners of dogs acknowledge that their dog is well behaved & well socialized. Dogs must stay on leash when outside (we have chickens and geese roaming around) and be crated when left alone in the cabin. Please keep pups off of the beds and furniture. Excessive animal impact on the cabin beyond light animal hair will be assessed additional cleaning fees of $50+. “
Time to Start Planning Your Next Hill Country Vacation!
If you haven’t used Airbnb before, seriously, what are you waiting for? Book using this link and you’ll save $20 on your first reservation!
Have questions? Ask away below and I’ll try to help.
If you have an dog-friendly Airbnb rental in Hill Country that you think belongs on this list, send me an email to let me know.
And as always, if you found this post helpful, please share it with a friend!
Use these images and save this travel guide to Pinterest: