Spring of 2014 I traveled to Nicaragua and stayed at La Mariposa Spanish School & Eco-hotel. I was recommended to stay at this amazing place by two sisters I befriended during my trip to Puerto Rico. Their family is good friends with the owner, Paulette Goudge, and their mom works with them closely on some community projects. I thoroughly enjoyed my time here and I am anxious to go back for a longer stay. At this school/eco-hotel you are paired up with two Spanish tutors for four hours of lessons a day. All meals are included in your stay, you are in a private room with your own bath, and fun activities are scheduled every day.Not only is La Mariposa a place to come and improve your Spanish, they are an organization that is kind to the earth and improves the community in every way they can. I highly recommend this place to anyone and everyone who is learning Spanish (or loves the culture). So click below to see all the amazing things I did while staying at La Mariposa.
I’m Caitlin, an Austin-based blogger sharing adventures, stories, and interviews from your favorite breweries and drinks. 🍻 Join me!
SEARCH THE BLOG
- Making Beer Cocktails with Grape-Based Spirit, RAYS Spirit
- Beer Festival 101
- The Perfect Weekend Getaway in Wild & Wonderful Morgantown, West Virginia
- The Complete List of Austin-Area Breweries and Brewpubs (Summer 2019)
- 29 Non-Beer Related Things to Know About Me
- 9 Texas Hill Country Breweries That Are 100% Worth the Drive
- Barks for Beers 2019: Dogs, Craft Beer, and a Good Cause
- I Tasted 250 Different Texas Craft Beers in the Last 9 Days– Here are my Favorites