Spring of 2014 I traveled to Nicaragua and stayed at La Mariposa Spanish School & Eco-hotel. I was recommended to stay at this amazing place by two sisters I befriended during my trip to Puerto Rico. Their family is good friends with the owner, Paulette Goudge, and their mom works with them closely on some community projects. I thoroughly enjoyed my time here and I am anxious to go back for a longer stay. At this school/eco-hotel you are paired up with two Spanish tutors for four hours of lessons a day. All meals are included in your stay, you are in a private room with your own bath, and fun activities are scheduled every day. Not only is La Mariposa a place to come and improve your Spanish, they are an organization that is kind to the earth and improves the community in every way they can. I highly recommend this place to anyone and everyone who is learning Spanish (or loves the culture). So click below to see all the amazing things I did while staying at La Mariposa.
I’m Caitlin, an Austin-based blogger sharing adventures, stories, and interviews from your favorite breweries and drinks. 🍻 Join me
SEARCH THE BLOG
- The Rodeo’s in Town! Guide to Rodeo Austin 2019
- I’m Going on a Texas Brewery Road Trip!
- The Complete List of Austin-Area Breweries and Brewpubs (Spring 2019)
- 35 Dog-Friendly Bars and Restaurants in Austin, Texas
- Apples of Our Eyes: a Guide to Austin Cider
- Things to Do for Valentine’s Day in Austin
- South Austin Brewery Guide | Big World, Small Girl
- Beer Here, and There: January 25, 2019