For as long as I can remember visits to Sinkland Farms were synonymous with the fall season. Halloween cannot pass without a visit to this New River Valley farm. Couples, families, and college students alike flock here on the weekends to get lost in the corn maze, pet farm animals, and most importantly, take a hay ride down to the patch in search of the perfect pumpkin.
There is so much to do here that it is easy to spend the whole afternoon “down on the farm.” There is a general admission price to get in ($10 for adults, $5 for young teens and children) but parking, hay rides, and the corn maze are all included. In the past you would have to pay for each one separately. There’s also a great barn that has a fun variety of animals, horse rides, and activities specifically for small children! Buy some small pumpkins and see how far they go on the pumpkin slingshots!! All in all you’re gonna get your money’s worth.
Scroll to the bottom for some tips to make the most of your visit!
Some tips to prepare yourself for a visit:
- Bring plenty of cash!!
- Sinkland farms and many of their vendors don’t take cards
- Get there as soon as the place opens!
- We did this and got a peaceful, pleasant morning. By the time we left in the early afternoon the place was packed!
- Dogs are allowed (for the most part)
- Bring hand sanitizer!!
- Farm life is messy
- And lastly, save the pumpkin pickin’ for the end!!
- You don’t want to worry about running to the car or having to carry them around the whole time